Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 14:Technorati

I explored Technorati and will do so again, especially the listing of the 100 top favorited sites by Technorati members. There are some very interesting blogs on this list. The blog about Ron Paul made me stop and think....he is definitely the most controversial & unusual candidate for Pres. out there.
I also skipped into Lifehacker and learned about sink-top toilets. Seems that we can wash our hands, then use this gray water to flush the toilet, thus saving water. It's used in Japan. Ever the environmentalist, I find this concept to be very interesting. But, said Lifehacker, 70% of the water used worldwide is by agricultural irrigation. If a drip irrigation system were more widely used, the harvest might be greater and the water used less. Again, stop and think.
In the future, I will spend time on Technorati teasing out sites that might be helpful here at the library.
Jeanie

No comments: