Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Delicious: Thing 13

Two months ago, my younger brother (who runs a small web programming firm) told me that I should check out delicious, that he uses it every day to his advantage. I didn't but now that I have checked it our for 23 Things, I can see what he was talking about.

When you have a delicious account, it's easy to save website locations and then share them with others. I enjoyed going through the PLCMCL delicious site--there were all kinds of websites saved there, from local libraries to sites on YALSA, to sites teaching about RSS feeds and FLICKR. Many of the sites made video available to make the information accessible to a largeraudience (and to vary the presentation of material in a more entertaining way). Previously, websites could only be read by the visitor. Hearing and seeing speakers present is a good complement to reading, and with a less literate population, may be the best way the audience can learn.

Yet another tool on the Web2.0 toolbelt.

Jeanie

No comments: