Monday, November 19, 2007

Podcast Searches: Thing 21

Once again, I have already been using podcasting in my personal life. As a fan of Garrison Keilor's Prairie Home Companion, I will sometimes take the time to listen to the show in my own time after its ordinary weekend time. I do this by going to the Prairie Home Companion site.

I had a great time playing around with the podcast search sites. (I will enjoy this even more after I get home tonight and use my MP3 player...it will be great to be able to listen to Prairie Home Companion as I exercise at the gym!)

I found the Yahoo search the most difficult to use, and the other two easier. I wanted to look, for example, for Celtic music. In Podcast Alley, I asked the search site to organize itself categorically, then click on "music." In the search within the category, I typed Celtic, and up came 4 sites, with details about each after I clicked on the text of the name.

This would be a wonderful boon if I were planning children's programs, as I could bring up tunes to suit the programs that I would be planning, download them onto computer, and then use them in the program. The library will benefit from my knowing how to use the podcast search sites so that I will be able to help library customers to download audio from our library computers.

Jean

No comments: