Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing 3 1/2

Time flies when doing 23 things! After galloping through the first three things, it was nearly 5 p.m. when I set up my blog. I gave myself a quick name and a place-holding saying....now I'm tweaking and wondering if anyone out there really wants to know THAT much about me!

Personally, I don't have the time to read blogs....scarcely have time to read my emails! I'm skeptical that blogging will become part of my everyday life. That said, I find that so far, it's a convenient place to store information and inspiration on the trip that I will be taking in a month to the Balkans. The links are in one place and seeing the beautiful castle energizes me to do the necessary work: get immunized, find little containers of shampoo, find wrinkle-free clothing, etc. Lots to do!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Jeanie,

I too was skeptical but now have 2 other blogs going besides my 23 Things blog. A friend of mine suggested to me "Treat it like a library! Look around and see what other people are saying." When he said that I looked at blogging just a little bit differently. Reading doesn't have to be confined to paper. As for time - well it is all a matter of priority. Make reading some blogs or blogging a priority. You make reading books a priority....think of blogging as an extension of your book library. :)

jabberpost said...

What a good idea to use a blog as a place, not just to write about yourself and your 23 Things journey, but also as a repository of information you are interested in. Enjoy!